Saturday, December 5, 2009

Friend Focus #1

Today, was an AMAZING DAY at ladies' Bible study. We are studying A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. It is WONDERFUL to see ladies who were never taught how to study God's word, but have been in the church for 10 plus years, grow and learn. We start each time together in prayer. First we share OUR requests, not requests for family, friends, neighbors, or as I say, the world. Requests like needing more spiritual growth, and needing to be a better wife and mother. Then each lady commits to pray for the person on her left to open our study and also to continue for the next 14 days until we meet again. Today was such a wonderful bonding of friends who are seeking to grow in the Lord together. I am the youngest, but for some reason God has chosen me to lead these ladies in this study.

Because these ladies are a HUGE part of my ministry and everyday life here, I thought I would share with you about each one. This way, you can picture and pray for my sisters here, all the while I miss my sisters there in the US!!

FRIEND FOCUS
Maria Georgina is a single lady, I’d guess in her late 60’s. She lives with her unsaved brother. He works during the day and on the weekends he is gone to his girlfriend’s home. Maria is faithful in prayer and she has to be the first PRAYER WARRIOR that I’ve ever known so well. She is faithful to be at church EVERY time the doors are open.
Today she shared that she is sick. None of this is life threatening per say, but at her age, anything and everything can be life threatening. She has glaucoma, and cateracts and just recently almost lost her sight. She has to have surgery in January, but she is hypertensive and they just discovered problems with some of her veins and arteries. Maria is like a grandma to my kids, and is VERY special to our WHOLE family. Please pray that God would do a miracle in her body, that even the doctors would marvel at, so that she can do what she is best at, besides prayer of course, which is to share the gospel with those around her.

No comments: