Monday, January 25, 2010

Drowning

I've never felt like I'm truly drowning underwater. I LOVE the water! I LOVE to swim, relax and just cool off in the water. I never truly wish to drown, but sometimes one can feel as though they are drowning in life. It doesn't help to "flail" and "thrash" around. Just like with a wave of water, it will come full circle and you'll get another oportunity for breath.

Sometimes we all feel like thrashing back at the feelings of drowning, but I have come to the conclusion that although I might feel like I am drowning, that I need to trust the Lord for HIS strength! He is the only one that can truly "breathe" for me! He is the only one who can "rescue" me from the feelings of "drowning." Please pray that HE would "breathe" for me when I feel overwhelmed with ministry, and life here in Chile.

2 comments:

Terry Therrien said...

If it makes you feel any better, people from all occupations and ages and locations can have that same 'drowning'feeling. You ARE right--it's God living through us that gets us through. There's a song from church camp I sing to myself at times: I have redeemed you--I've called you by name. Oh, child you are mine. When you walk through the waters, I will be there, and through the flames. You will not--NO WAY!--be burned. You will not--NO WAY!--be drowned. For I AM with you...
I'll be praying. Terry Therrien

Unknown said...

That's a good illustration, Heather. And God wants us to rest in Him instead of flailing about. Hmmm....I think I'm typically a thrasher. But I'm looking at a beautiful piece of artwork on our living room wall that says: "Be still and know that I am God." Good words...