Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ladies' Meeting

This past Saturday we had a nice ladies' meeting here in our home. It was great to have 4 other ladies join me as I taught how to study the Bible. I'm using a pamphlet from here that teaches how to inductively study the Bible. Some of the ladies in our church have been attending for MANY years, some more than 10 and they don't even know what a devotional is. Sadly, many of those ladies didn't come.
From left to right, Maria Georgina, Sandra, Patricia, Sandra (the pastor's wife who I'm discipling on Tuesday mornings) and me.
On Sunday my friend, Patricia, was going around showing the ladies who weren't here the "gift" of the pamphlet. I then had one of the ladies that missed come to me and ask that I not punish her for not coming, but give her a pamphlet too! I am praying that the next meeting we have on the 22nd to finish going over the pamphlet will bring a MUCH larger group of ladies!

No comments: