Tuesday, June 15, 2010

God is Working

IN SPITE OF US! I know we all have those days, when we don´t feel even useful to scrub the floors or clean the bathrooms, but it is those days when God can use us the most.

In our last prayer letter, we wrote about 2 situations special to our hearts. We had asked people to pray for a young widow and her 2 sons. Her name is Cecilia. She grew up in the church, so lots of the people in the church have known her for a LONG time, but all of them say that they´ve never seen any change in her. When she came to the church, I noticed that she has a VERY STRONG personality, and I wasn´t sure what I would do with her in ladies´ meetings. Well, God is working. A week ago Saturday, during and after ladies´ meeting I had the chance to lovingly confront Cecilia. Since I´m new, I could actually question her salvation and begin to work with her. This Saturday at 11:00 am I´m taking her out for coffee. I´m excited, but hesitant. Please pray that she will be responsive. Pray that I WILL LISTEN TO THE HOLY SPIRIT as HE PROMPS MY WORDS!! I want to hear her testimony and just listen and then as God allows, build into her life.

The second special situation we asked you to pray for was for a couple that has their second child on the way, are living together, and the man was saved in the last 8 months. We have been praying that they will stop living in sin, and get married. WE ARE SOO SOOO SOOOOO EXCITED to tell you that they will be getting married THIS FRIDAY!!! We are praising God for HIS GUIDANCE and for allowing us to advise them in making this decision. Please pray for us, as now pastor has asked us mentor them as a couple. Because the woman is pastor´s sister, it would be difficult for him to counsel them.

GOD IS GOOD and we are humbled and remember that it truly is ONLY GOD who can change hearts and lives!!!

No comments: