Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Candid Missionary Growth

Raising kids on the mission field really isn't that different from raising them at "home." Chile is their home. God's principles don't change in raising kids depending upon where you're raising them. Circumstances change though and it is when they change that our children evidence God working in their lives.

Recently we've begun and almost have finished the adoption process of twin girls. (For more on this visit our adoption blog at http://john14verse18.blogspot.com .) This has made an already tight buget even tighter and basically non-existent. I share this not as a pitty party, I share it to evidence growth in my children.

Last night we sat our kids down to tell them that we have one present for them for Christmas and that there won't be anything else. I expected a bit of fussing, but both of them took it in stride and even said, "Mom, we have enough toys." "God has been good to us, so it's ok." We're seeing a level of maturity in the older kids that I know I didn't have growing up.

I pray that as we ALL, including many in the US, go through a rather "slim" Christmas materially, that God will bless us ABUNDANTLY with a Christmas focused on the real reason for his sending his son to earth. To die for our sins and to make a way for us to spend eternity with Him.

No comments: