Sunday, June 29, 2008

One Body

Today, was a different experience. I was supposed to teach a bilingual Sunday school class, but it turned out that only my 2 kids were in the class. I still tried to keep it bilingual, but ended up reverting to English, naturally. After that we had a different speaker in the main service. Our pastor and his wife, the one who usually teaches the bilingual class, are on a mini-furlough back in the states. Well, Max did a wonderful job speaking in church.

He focused us on the passage in 1 Corinthians 12 where Paul writes about the body of Christ and how we, if we know Christ as our personal saviour are all a part of that body. I was truly refreshed and convicted to be reminded that we are all in this together. We are not an island unto ourselves. When one hurts, we all should hurt. This made me wonder, do I really hurt when someone I know hurts? Do I really seek to represent the body well? Do I need to be an arm to help wipe off the tears that the eyes are shedding? What if I don't particularly care for someone, do I try to hurt them or ignore them? Why would I want to hurt a part of my own body? If I am truly living as Christ would want, I wouldn't want to hurt any other part of His body.

As I process all of these thoughts, I have one prayer...Lord, may you make me more like you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

world wind ?