Friday, April 10, 2009

Finally Home!

While in language school in Costa Rica, we met numerous missionaries with various evangelical missions going to various countries. One such couple with the IMB (Southern Baptists) was truly a blessing to so many on campus during language school. This post from Jenny's blog (http://jennymclamb.wordpress.com/) really hit home for me, and I can't put it any better, so I thought I'd share her thoughts!

TWO YEARS AGO tomorrow (April 3) we drove away from 305 Jackson Street in Salemburg, North Carolina!! I cried as we drove away from that beautiful house, where Luke and Elijah were both born, where Caleb and Luke both took their first steps, where Caleb and John would sit outside picking pecans having “Daddy Time,” where we heard God clearly tell us that He meant “now,” the empty lot/ side yard where I had pictured grandkids coming to play one day, . . . and we headed to the parsonage to live for one month before our training started in Virginia!

And it began . . .

Once we are officially in our new house, I want to write a post to show the crazy timeline of these last 2 years, all the places we’ve lived for little fragments of time!

I’m feeling real reflective as we’re getting ready to FINALLY “start.” This is it- this is what we’ve prayed about, planned for, imagined, tried to picture, . . . My friend, Keeley, wrote about getting settled on the field and being ready to then leave their house to go out to do the work! Which sounds ironic, but I so totally get it! I can’t wait for the same thing- to hurry up and move in so we can “get after it.” Almost constant transition really sets you up to be quite inward- focused- “How are the kids? Am I ok? Is our marriage still hanging in there? Where do we buy paint? . . . . ” I can’t wait to lift our eyes and look OUT and be free to really dive in to what God has asked us to do here in Lima . . . and then, at the end of the day, come HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: