Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Update on Heather

The doctor’s appointment with the new doctor went WONDERFULLY! The doctor is REALLY GOOD! She put it this way, in regards to doctors and bedside manners. There can be a beautiful ring that may be great, but if it doesn’t fit, what good is it? Exactly my thoughts. The former doctor was good, he knew what he was talking about, but he didn’t listen to me and therefore, I’m thankful to now have a doctor who is listening to me and is much more personable.

Anyway, she suspended my medicines Monday and Tuesday and this morning, Doug and I went to the laboratory to have the ACTH Stimulation test run. Once we got there, I was really weak and they finally put me in a wheel chair when I told them I couldn’t walk and thought I either might be sick or pass out. The test went well and I’ve retaken my medicines, including the VERY LOW DOSAGE of corisol that I’ve been taking. This will help to ward off passing out when standing, but won’t give me the energy to function on a regular basis. Therefore, after I finish this e-mail, I’m headed back to bed.

Praising God For…
Friends and Family who are praying for me and calling to check on me.
My ABWE family here in Chile that has and is providing some meals for us.
My Chilean sisters (Julie, Sandra, and Melissa) who have been coming to help me with cleaning the house and watching the kids so that Doug can still work and so that he can care for me.
A doctor who even gives me her home address to pick up the prescription to have the tests run. SHE IS AWESOME!!
AN AMAZING HUSBAND who loves and cares for me, even when I’m a blob.

Praying For…
Continued energy
A firm answer as to what is going on, especially if it isn’t Addison’s Disease!
Patience
Trust in God for all of our strength

Thank you again! Please check our blog for future updates. We will try to send out general e-mails, but the blog is easier to update.

Heather Amundson

2 comments:

Trish Hixon said...

Heather- didn't realize the struggles you have been going through these past weeks, again. I know all to well what it's like to not be able to care for yourself or your family, the games that your mind can play, the feelings of guilt that can build up. The frustrations for not being able to take a magical pill and be cured. I will be praying for you as you go this time of uncertainty. For strength for your body and mind.

Sue said...

Oh guys. I am thinking about you so much and praying for you all. Be strong and confidant that God is with you as you face these many challenges.