Thursday, October 1, 2009

Which ride am I on now??

Overall, I just don't like amusement parks. I tend to get a headache from the beating sun, bad food, and rides that mess with ones body. So the answer to our questions is that I'm still on the roller coaster.

We had a WONDERFUL appointment with this new lady doctor today. She is willing and ready to listen to the patient who knows her body. She is personable. She gave me all of her contact info should I have an emergency. I really like her!

During the appointment she told me she'd still like to do the ACTH stimulus test, but that she'd admit me in the hospital to drop all of my med. There they could monitor me and then on the AM of the 3rd day, they'd do the test. She took my contact info and told me that she'd call me once she had everything set up. I was ok with this course of action until....

She called me about 5 hours later saying that she wouldn't be putting me in the hospital, but that she'd be in contact everyday I'm off meds. Instead of telling me what we were going to do, she told me to talk to my husband and think it over and she'd call again on Monday to find out my decision.

As of now, I don't know what to do. I may still be returning to the states, but I don't want to run "home" everytime there is something wrong. On the other side, as our regional administrator's wife put in a comment on Facebook, "Addison's is nothing to sneeze at!"

Tomorrow I will be contacting some doctors in the states to find out what the process is of retesting an addison's patient. If the docs in the states are going to do the same exact thing, then why pay the money to go back to the states to do it.

Please pray...
  • That God would give Doug and I the certainty that we need in making this decision.
  • That I would be able to find out the process that the doctors use there in the US. (Normally when diagnosing addison's, Doctors use the ACTH stimulus test BEFORE a patient in on any kind of medication. For me, I've been on these meds for over a year and so there needs to be some time meds free before the test is administered. )
  • That IF I do go off my meds for the 2 days that God will be my great physician and that He would protect me.
  • That God would teach me what I need to learn while I'm in this special amusement park of medicine.

Thanks for all of the support! It means SO MUCH!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Praying for you guys!