Monday, March 1, 2010

Confussion

Ok, so here I am just going to express some thoughts, feelings, etc...


Saturday 3:34am, I was shaken awake by this amazing movement of my bed. I rushed into the hallway outside the kids two bedrooms, flinging open Caleb´s door and telling both kids to get down beside their beds to make the ¨triangle.¨ Just then I heard Doug´s voice say, ¨No, Heather. We need to get outside.¨ I have no idea how we all got down the stairs, especially without falling. I don´t know how we got to the corner of our yard near our neighbor´s house wall and our front driveway gate. I don´t remember my feet hurting on the sidewalk since we weren´t wearing shoes.


I do remember, huddling, holding Caleb close while Kiwi, our dog, tried to snuggle in too. Then I remember praying. Praying for safety. Praying for our neighbors. Praying for our ABWE team members. Praying for our national brethren.


I remember listening to things crash, glass breaking, and other things falling. It´s all a blur to me right now.


Once it stopped we went back inside to get shoes, sweatshirts, and flashlights. Then it was out into the street to talk to our neighbors. Everyone was fine. As you´ve seen from the pictures that I posted the other day, we lost a wall between our neighbor´s house and ours. The kids have enjoyed not having to go onto the street to play with their closest friends here in Chile, who live right next door.

Video of kids playing.

Now, I´m just feeling lost in the moments as they come. My life isn´t normal, because we´re going on day 3 with no electricity. We stayed in the Santiago Christian Academy apartments last night, but only because Doug had to guard all night long and I certainly didn´t want to be at home with two kids alone and no electricity.

Please continue to pray for us! It is hard to reach out and think beyond oneself when life at home isn´t ¨normal.¨

4 comments:

Sharon vest said...

Praying...

Joy said...

We are praying for all of you, and so thankful that Diego and his family are safe! .

Julie said...

Praying for you friend! Please know we will continue to lift you up as your life must feel so upside down right now.
--- Hugs across the miles!

Kathleen said...

loved the video of the children playing..it kinda says Trust in God for everything. He takes care of us and life goes on. Hope u get your electricity back on soon! Praying for that specifically right now.
Kathy H. (Grove City, Pa)