Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Last Night...

Was NOT a good night. I don´t know if I drank some unboiled water or what, but my stomach and digestive system was NOT HAPPY last night. To top a night of fitfull sleep, at around 6 am we were awoken by someone´s house alarm. It lasted for OVER 3 hours! By the time we got out of our showers, Doug was saying, ¨I don´t know who´s alarm that is, but blasting 1 billion whatts of powerful noise into my ears, is NOT ENDEARING!!!

Since Kiwi, the dog, was outside through this whole time, Doug had decided to give her sensitive dog ears a rest by allowing her just inside the door of the house. When I went to let her out, I heard someone knocking on our front gate. It was one of our neighbors who asked, ¨Are you guys ok? I responded by saying, ¨Of course! Why?¨ He replied, ¨Because your alarm has been sounding all night.¨

The alarm hadn´t been set or even used for over 4 or 5 years! It was from the owner of the house before our landlords bought the house. Once we took out the battery, it FINALLY stopped!!!
Now there´s a chuckle for you!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Good for you keeping a sense of humor. I think I would have thrown something! :)