Saturday, February 21, 2009

Exhausted

Today, I went with 2 other missionary ladies out to a mall where they sell everything from Groceries to furniture, appliances, and pets. Much like in the states this mall was HUGE!! I was able to visit 4 different stores looking for all of our appliances. After 7 hours of walking from one store to the next securing discounts and looking for the ABSOLUTE BEST DEALS, I returned to our 1 bedroom apartment having purchased a washer, dryer, stove, and fridge for just over $2000. Things are SOOO expensive here, and the ones that I bought aren't even close to being "top of the line." For instance I have always dreamed of having a front load washer with a matching dryer. I would have had to pay $1000 for the washer and ANOTHER $1000 for the matching dryer. NO WAY!!!

I also came home with a bike for Hannah. We have a store that is just like a Super WalMart, but the CHEAPEST bike for her size with a girly color was $140. Because it was the last one they had and it has some scratches, (The scraches are really not that noticeable and would have been there sooner or later.) my veteran missionary friend got them down to $113. Praise God!!! Caleb, Doug, and I all have bikes on the container. Praise God they fit!!!

All of the appliances are due to arrive at our house on Monday, so I'll have to wait there in the TOTALLY EMPTY house from 9am until they come, which could be as late as 9pm. It should be interesting!!!

For now I am planning to get my kids showered and ready for bed and then head there myself. Tomorrow we'll visit a church we've never been to and may possibly help in for the next 9 months, while friends and fellow missionaries go on furlough. I pray that tomorrow my feet don't hurt as bad as they do right now!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad you guys made it safely! Hope you enjoy your settling time.