Thursday, February 12, 2009

Spinning my Wheels

That was a nice meal and time away from the house! Oh, I think this is my turn. I know I'm supposed to turn left up here somewhere. This is a pretty road, but I don't think it's the right road! I'd better turn around! I'll just back in here and turn around......... UH OH! I think I'm stuck!!!

These were my thought as I headed back into the woods of West Virginia back to my in-laws house. If one lives OUT here, one has to drive at least an hour to the closest WalMart. I had talked to Doug's ex-sister in-law on Monday and we decided to meet for lunch in one of those "one hour away" towns. After a great lunch and conversation I ran a couple of errands and headed home. That was when I took the wrong turn. I was about 40 minutes into the drive, when I took that wrong turn. I knew shortly after I took it that it had been wrong, but my pride didn't want to turn around. Once I finally gave in to the need to turn around, I backed into the worst place I could have. Honestly, it looked like solid ground!

After praying for help from God, I got out and saw just how bad it was. I flagged down the FedEx guy who tried for about 20 minutes to push, place things under my wheels, and give me any help he could. Then 2 men and a woman came by in their SUV with a chain and they graciously pulled me out! I was on my way back to where I had made my wrong turn.

As I was driving back home I realized how much this practical application fits our lives. How many times do we take a wrong turn from where the Lord wants us to go, and just how many times we are stubborn and our pride keeps us from turning and repenting? We end up getting stuck and spinning our wheels. Until we finally turn back to the Lord and He gets us back on the right road going in the right direction.

Last night after I got home, we had a major wind storm. SO..... we lost electricity. Praise God Doug's grandfather was an electrician and had helped Doug's parents set up a generator for times such as this. Just another West Virginia Adventure here in the "back woods of no where!"

No comments: