Monday, September 21, 2009

NOT SO LITTLE & A LITTLE BIT OF CULTURE

Just the realization of a very proud and blessed mommy,
that my kids aren't so little anymore....
Last Friday was the 18th of September. Here in
Chile, that is independence day. They have many traditional dances, costumes, and foods that go along with this holiday.
One of those dances is the Cueca and this is a traditional dress worn by the "cow-girls" when they dance the Cueca or dance of the rooster.
The first dress for Hannah we bought when we were visiting Chile on our survey trip. She wore it for YEARS while we were on pre-field. Many of you may remember it. So, when I saw this one for only $10 I had to buy it for Hannah. My how she is growing into a little lady!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is growing up to fast! And she looks like her mommy!!

Carol C.

Stephanie said...

Aww, what a sweet photo comparison! I love the pretty blue on her new dress.