Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ROLLER COASTER

I'm not a fan of roller coasters. I never have been. I HATE how my head jars from one side to the other. I HATE the headache that I get during and then that stays with me after the "fun." Well, I'm not liking this roller coaster that I'm on right now either!!!

Over the past week...
I've cried more times than I can count.
I've sat in bed watching reruns of different tv shows on-line.
I've talked to the National Addison's Disease Foundation's founder and director.
I've been in and out of bed long enough to do one activity and then sit/lay back down.
I've let my kids do what they want when they want.
I've opened frozen pizza boxes while sitting on the kitchen floor.
I've sat 2 feet from the sugar on the counter and cried because I couldn't get up to get it.
I've decided to return to the states in January to have testing.
I've decided to return to the states next week to have testing.
I've decided not to return to the states.
I've doubted my doctor here.
I've not wanted to burn a bridge with the doctor here, but I don't trust him.
I've decided to take the test that the doctor who continues to keep me on a life threateningly low dose, wants me to take on Monday of next week.
I've been praying.
I've spent hours upon hours with a phone attached to my ear getting opinions from other Addison's patients, our regional administrator, and parents. All those who I've spoken with have concerns about me going TOTALLY OFF the medication for 2 days.
I've made a 2nd opinion appointment down here in Chile for Monday.
I've had that appointment remade for tomorrow.
I've almost passed out twice in less than 20 minutes and ended up giving myself a shot.

Are you as sick as I've been on this roller coaster yet???

Here are the current decisions...
1. I've decided not to go off my medicines and I will NOT be taking the test on Monday!!
2. Doug and I are seeing a female endocrinologist at a different hospital tomorrow at 2:30 EST.
3. Depending upon that meeting, I may need to return to the states to have LOTS of testing.

Keep in mind, I was diagnosed with Addison's Disease and I have NO DOUBTS of my diagnosis. I just need a doctor here who has no doubts either!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Praying for answers, wisdom and strength. I know this has to be so hard for you. Hang in there my friend!