Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Amazing what I miss

Today I was reflecting on what I miss from COSTA RICA. Strange huh? You'd think I would miss the US, but instead, I miss Central America. WOW!

I miss reading. While in Costa Rica because my main job was language learning and more often than not, I needed a break, I think I read over 25 books last year alone.

I miss Miss Carla. She was such a blessing to our lives, and I miss her!

I miss having so many fellow missionaries with young kids in the same phase of life.

I miss CHEAP taxis!

I miss MUCH CHEAPER FOOD! Here it's almost $5 for 4 chicken breasts at the local grocery store. YIKES!

I miss the warmth, although I can't complain, I do LOVE the 4 seasons!

I miss some of our fellow ABWE missionaries like Paul & Patty Collier

I miss our tico neighbors and the sound of our kids playing together in the garage.

I miss the teachers and close friends that I met there that live there.

I miss my doctor for my Addison's Disease. The doctor here is harder to understand and isn't as confident in the diagnosis, so he ran a BUNCH of tests to be sure. Thankfully I have no cysts in my brain interupting the function of my hypothalmus or pituitary gland!

I miss having Doug home more often than not. He's been working LONG hours getting aquainted with the finance job down here, so he's not home much and when he is, he is working on a masters class over the internet.

What I don't miss about Costa Rica is the RAINY SEASON! Maybe it would be better with a car, but I just can't stand the rain for days and days on end. Here we've had some rain, but we have a car and we get breaks of days with sun to warm back up again.

No comments: