Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SICK!

The last 5 days have been NUTS! It all started with a REALLY soar throat leading into a cold and then TOTAL exhaustion. I couldn't focus on anything. I couldn't read. My head was hard to hold up and seemed REALLY heavy after only 5 minutes. I slept over 50 hours in less than 4 days. Yesterday, I tried to go to school and barely made it through one of my 2 hour classes. I then headed home to sleep through my second class, before I headed off to the doctor's office. The doctor basically said I have some sort of respiratory virus that is sapping all of my energy. I asked to be tested for Mono, and asked if it came back as positive, if I needed to see him again for additional treatment. He said, no because the symptoms and treatment are the same. GREAT! Well, the test came back negative for mono, so why am I still feeling SO WEAK?
This is just one of the meds that the Dr. perscribed. Its like an energy supplement that I'm supposed to take once a day. Then I have another anti-viral pill I have to take every 12 hours. Adventures, Adventures.

I'm taking today "off" from school to try to rest some more, but then I have to hit the ground running tomorrow with an exam in my first 2 hour class, a 2 hour (in Spanish) presentation, and then afternoon tutoring. Please pray for me, and for my family, as I am "down" sick. My spirits are good, spending extra time with God, but life does move on and the next 3 weeks are the busiest yet with LOTS of assignments and a HUGE evaluation of my language ability. Please just Pray for God to work HIS will, even if this is his way of getting me to a mountain to worship alone for a while, as Jesus did so often.

2 comments:

Annette said...

It's a bummer to get sick part way through language school...just when you thought you might get through it without major mishap. Hang in there. Thankfully, God is bigger than the doctors who may or may not give you the "right" medicine. Prayin' for you, girl!...and your family...and keep writing as you can. I'm a faithful fan!!!

Ruth Palmer said...

Oh, Heather...I can't even imagine trying to do all the stuff you're trying to do while feeling miserable! I'll be praying that God will heal you quickly so that you don't completely wipe yourself out!