Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chance Encounter with a Bird!

This past weekend after I got out of the hospital, my dad flew in to visit us and bring down our homeschool supplies. We took him all over the place and during one of our trips Doug had a chance encounter with a bird. The bird was HIGHLY interested in Doug's hat and eventually pulled off the top center piece of his hat.

It had been a nice shiny blue, but the bird tried to eat it. We finally got the bird to drop the piece he had so that he wouldn't be hurt. However, Doug's hat is now missing a piece and will be a wonderful memory ever time we look at his hat.

After the bird stole a part of Doug's hat, he went after Doug's backpack. Maybe the bird was attracted to red hair or something.

1 comment:

Joy said...

That bird wasn't anyone's pet or anything? How bizarre! I'm impressed at how calm Doug appears -- I think I would been a little freaked out. Of course, ever since a duck pecked my hand at a park when I was a child, I've been a little nervous around birds... :)