Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exhausted and a bit discouraged

Exhausted because we had 26 people here for ABWE associated game night. We LOVE doing this!!! We host it every other Sunday night. It is a great time of informal fellowship and one of our gifts is hospitality. That's why we've had over 150 people in our home since we arrived here in Costa Rica. This is a missionary tradition that we hope and pray we can carry on in Chile.

This is just one of the groups we've had. This was a singles progressive dinner. We made the main course.

OK - on to the discouragement... As I posted earlier, we were SOOOO excited that our neighbors were planning to come with us to an evangelical marriage seminar. Well, because they are Catholic and their "boss" doesn't want them seen at an evangelical event, they can't go anymore. I was SOOO looking forward to that weekend. Ok - maybe I was hoping for them to hear the gospel directly and not have to really push it home myself, but now please pray that God 1. gives me the words to say to share HIS true plan of salvation 2. God gives us the right opportunities.

On the good side, Doug is going running with the husband "R" and I have NUMEROUS chances to sit and chat with the wife "J." In fact I had my first "Cafecito" their tica home.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hospitality is a special gift and one which will open many doors for you here in Chile! It was nice talking with you last night. Have a great week!