Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out on the "Town"

Tonight was the first night, after many suggestions in the past that I finally went somewhere with my new neighbor Jackie. We went to PriceMart (like a Sam's club). I needed some things and so did she. She has a car. Obviously I don't. Then we went to Pali (owned by WalMart, but a lot like an Aldi). It was SO nice not to have to try to find a taxi and fabulous to stop at 2 different places without having to return home between errands to drop off the things that I had bought, only to go right back out to a different store.

Doug, Rolando, Jackie, MariaPaula (3), Hannah, Caleb, Sebastian (6), and Daniella(15) when they came over for the traditional American breakfast just after they moved in one month ago.


Jackie is SO great! She has been so helpful with my language and she is SO patient! I hope and pray that as time continues, although we have less than 3 months left here (HARD TO BELIEVE!!), that we will become closer and really be able to communicate on a more intimate level. For now, we talk about life, kids, groceries, and God.

No comments: