Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trip to Chile

I'm excited. Due to my seriousness of my health situation, especially in an emergency, the powers that be, and we though that it was a good idea for me to visit Chile to meet and find out about the care that I would be receiving in Chile. Therefore, I am going to Chile in November. I am SOOOO excited!!! Not only will I be able to visit with some doctors, but I will be able to transport some of our belongings there directly from here in Costa Rica so that we don't have to haul some of it back to the states and just about all over the country before putting it on a container to ship to Chile. We are also taking this opportunity to send our pet rabbit, Galatea Ann Amundson, with me. Thankfully some of the missionaries there have said they would watch over her for the few months between when I visit and we arrive in February. When Hannah received her rabbit as a birthday gift back in March, we thought we'd have to leave her behind with another family, but she has become one of the family, and so we are glad to have the chance to take her to Chile with us.

While I'm there for my 8 day visit I'll have the opportunity to
  1. Visit with doctors,
  2. Be sure they have my medication, and if not begin thinking about the medications that I will need to transport to Chile from the states,
  3. Check out the car we are planning to buy - This is another story, but GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!!! 2 years ago I made a list of cars that were available in Chile that would be economical and fit our family, including if we adopted. Well, some of our own ABWE missionaries are moving to northern Chile and want to sell their car. It's one of the EXACT cars that was on my list! GOD IS GOOD!!!
  4. Look at the Santiago Christian Academy's (ABWE missionary kid school) school library, to see if any of the homeschool books that I am planning to use are already there. That way, I'll know when we get back to the states the books that I need to order and those that are already there. Just another way to SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!
  5. Look at some houses while we're there, to see what size homes and yards are available. Although we will not decide on a house in November, at least we're not planning to, it will help in the process come February when we get there!
  6. Get to spend time with my future collegues on the field.

Overall, this trip will be one of searching and observing. Please pray for

  • The extra cost that this trip will entail.
  • The travel safety and fluidity, especially with an animal on board for the flights down there.
  • The people, that God will provide to watch our kids while I'm gone.
  • Doug and the kids while I'm gone
  • My health with the additional stress of the trip.
  • I will encounter all the medications, doctors, and medical care that will be needed while we seek to serve God in Chile.

No comments: